Want to join the Melodic Distraction team? We are currently looking for an intern to join our tight-knit team here at Melodic Distraction HQ. Lasting for 6 months, with the possibility of further employment after the placement ends, this paid internship will serve as a great avenue into the world of internet radio, music journalism and event management.
The Role – Studio Coordinator
The full-time position we are recruiting for requires 35hrs of work per week. In line with Liverpool City Council’s Ways To Work programme, applicants will need to have a residence in Liverpool and be unemployed from the start of the employment period.
As Studio Coordinator, your role will involve a number of key and important tasks that are required in the day-to-day running of an internet radio station and online magazine. No two days will be the same, and there will be plenty opportunity to grow alongside the company.
Key tasks will involve but not be limited to:
- Coordinating live radio shows.
- Mastering radio shows, ready for re-upload onto our website.
- Creating content for the Melodic Distraction website and blog.
- Provide training to incoming radio hosts on how to make the best use of the in-house equipment.
- Ambassador for the Melodic Distraction brand.
While experience is not essential, below is an overview of preferred experience for this role:
- An understanding of WordPress and website management.
- An understanding of Photoshop or alternative image editing software.
- An understanding of Garage Band and OBS (Broadcast Software).
- An interest in using social media for business – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Mixcloud.
- Experience in a related environment or business (Radio Studio, Music Journalism, Events Coordinator).
- Experience in Facebook and Youtube live streaming.
Melodic Distraction currently consists of a small team of like-minded music lovers, dedicated to providing Liverpool with some much needed community radio, dance music journalism and the occasional party. Based in Liverpool’s Baltic Triangle, our office currently houses three members of staff. Whilst our working environment is relaxed, and we frequently work out of office, all current team members are hard working and dedicated to making the business as successful as it can be. Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate that they can appreciate the benefits of such an environment.
Owing to the work-load and hours required of this role, we will not be taking applications from students. We apologise for this and will be looking to work closely with the city’s universities in due course to provide opportunities for students.
To apply; simply send a cover letter, full CV detailing your experience and a short description of your all-time favourite record to email@example.com!
Application Deadline: 31st July 2017
We can’t wait to meet you!